- Four poles are placed to form a standard-size rectangle inside the arena;
- The event requires 2 horses and 2 riders;
- At the start, one horse is in the middle of the arena, and the other starts the race. It must race around all four poles;
- Between the 3rd and 4th poles, the middle horse gets close to the racing horse;
- In the exchange zone (between the 4th and 1st poles), the contestant that made a full lap gets unto the middle horse while the middle rider dismounts;
- The rider makes one full lap as fast as possible;
- The racing rider must cross the finish line with legs on each side of the horse.
- Contestants must own their horse;
- Best time wins;
- Any pole that gets knocked down during the race disqualifies the rider;
- The whole race is to be carried out at gallop or the team gets disqualified.